Audacity 3.2.2 was released on 06 Dec 2022
This is a patch release for Audacity 3.2. It enables use of VST2 as realtime effects and fixes some bugs.
- #2850 VST2 effects are now realtime capable. Additional plugins have been added to plugins.audacityteam.org
- #3670 Audacity no longer quietly discards changes in realtime effects but instead asks if you want to save before quitting
- #3980 Plugin scanning no longer produces "Audacity crashed" windows when a plugin fails validation, and no longer shows the plugins in the macOS dock during validation
- Fixed various plugin-specific issues
- Audacity 3.2 supports Windows 10 & 11
- Windows Vista, 7 and 8.1 should still work, but are no longer tested.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 3.2 supports OS X 10.9 and later, and macOS.
- In addition to the traditional update path via package managers, Audacity 3.0.3 and onwards are distributed as an AppImage. The AppImage gets updated at the same time as the Windows and macOS versions, so if you collaborate with users on those platforms, you may want to use the AppImage over your distribution's package manager.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu 20.04.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.