Audacity 2.3.1 will be released on 8th March 2019.
Audacity 2.3.1 replaces all previous versions.
- Audacity now supports 64-bit Mac.
- Over 20 bugs fixed since 2.3.0, including:
- A crashing bug on Linux that made Audacity 2.3.0. unsuitable for Linux.
- Crash on Mac when right clicking on label.
- Problems with Change Pitch, including not remembering parameter values.
- Options and preferences:
- Microfades are now an opt-in feature. They were always on in 2.3.0.
- The advanced vertical zooming option is now available in the View->Zoom menu.
- Regular interval labels now support range labels.
- Audacity 2.3.1 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- If your hardware only supports SSE, you may download Audacity 2.0.6 see the Legacy Windows page on the Audacity Website.
- 2.3.1 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 2.3.1 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Audacity may compile on Gentoo, Debian, Mint.
- Audacity does not currently compile on SuSE Linux.
We probably track more bugs than you are interested in...
On the dynamic buglist page you can select to view:
- Complete list of bugs in 2.3.0 that we have fixed for 2.3.1
- Known bugs on the OS you use Mac, Windows or Linux.
- Known bugs to do with accessibility or localization.
- Workarounds for some bugs.
- Serious bugs and less serious bugs.
You can choose various combinations of these. However, there are probably too many minor bugs and too much detail on that dynamic buglist page for most users.
We do use this detail in our own QA work.
- Below are listed what we believe are the most common and important issues with 2.3.1 for most users.
- Far less of Audacity is properly accessible to visually impaired users than we would like. Currently the best supported platform for accessibility is Windows. We lost a lot of custom accessibility programming when we had to move to a more recent version of the wxWidgets library.
- Audacity is only partially translated in many languages. We also have some issues, for example, with Right-To-Left Languages.
Selected Bugzilla-Tracked Bugs
- Click on the bug numbers to see work done on these bugs.