Crossfades blend the end of one song with the beginning of the next one. There are several methods to achieve this in Audacity.
If you have two clips in one track you'd like to crossfade, you can use Crossfade Clips effect. To use it:
- 1.Have two clips in one track.
- 2.Select the region you'd like to apply the crossfade to. Try to select roughly the same amount of time in both clips.Note: Any empty space between the clips will be automatically removed and ignored in the crossfade.
- 3.Use Effects > Fading > Crossfade Clips to crossfade the clips.
To crossfade between tracks, use the following steps:
- 1.Position the clips on the tracks so that they overlap in the range you want to crossfade, and select the audio in the overlapping region in both clips:
- 2.Use Effects > Fading > Crossfade Tracks to crossfade the tracks.