Sharing audio online
With Audacity 3.2 and onwards, you can easily share audio online.
Video walkthrough of the feature
Location of the Share Audio button
With Audacity 3.2 you can quickly share audio online using the new service audio.com. To do this, simply click the Share Audio button.
You can now upload your audio by pressing Continue. If you'd like to link an existing audio.com first, you can do that by clicking Link Account.
Audacity will now prepare the track for upload and upload your audio.
Note: This may take a few minutes depending on how fast your computer is, how fast your internet connection is, and how long your audio is.
After your audio has been uploaded, press Continue. You will be taken to the audio.com website.
On audio.com you now can either create an account to use this with, or copy the anonymous link. To share the link,
- 1.Close the sign up panel,
- 2.click the share button (shown below) and
- 3.select Copy Link
Location of the share button
You now can share your audio by sending this link to people.
All uploaded audio is private by default. Only people with access to the link can listen to it.
Linking your audio.com account to Audacity lets you get the sharable link from Audacity itself. To link your account,
- 1.Press the Share Audio button. Note: You need to have some sort of audio present in your project for this button to work
- 2.Your browser will open audio.com
- 3.Login or sign up if you aren't yet logged in
- 4.You will see the following page:
- 5.Click on "Link audacity".
- 6.You may see a popup asking you whether you want to open in Audacity.Click the option that opens Audacity