Comment on page
Audacity 3.0.4 was released on 24. Aug 2021.
Audacity 3.0.4 replaces all previous versions.
This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug with envelope points, which could multiply uncontrollably and cause Audacity to crash. In particular:
This fix re-introduces an earlier, but way less destructive bug:
Other than that, this release is identical to Version 3.0.3.
- Audacity 3.0.4 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.0.4 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.