Audacity 3.1.1 was released on 11. Nov 2021.
Audacity 3.1.1 replaces all previous versions.
This is a hotfix release. It fixes the following bugs:
- Improved Audacity's performance when many clips are present
Other than that, this release is identical to Version 3.1.0.
- Audacity 3.1.x requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.1.x does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.