Audacity 3.1.3 was released on 23. Dec 2021.
Audacity 3.1.3 is a patch release for Audacity 3.1.
It improves the following aspects:
- Added new shortcuts for looping: Shift+L for "Set Loop to Selection", Shift+Alt+L for "Clear Looping Region" #2209
- Added a new selection region indicator in the timeline (identical in function as the one found pre-3.1, but with updated visuals) #2067
- Re-added the Quick Play indicator (green triangle and line) that got lost during 3.1.0 development #2122
- Fixed looping regions being created unintentionally when attempting to use Timeline Quick Play #2182
- Audacity 3.1.x requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- If your hardware only supports SSE, you may download Audacity 2.0.6 see the Legacy Windows page on the Audacity Website.
- 3.1.x does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 3.1.x is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.